Transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) can be an amazing way to treat depression and pain. You might be in need of this treatment and are looking for companies who offer it. But how do you screen these companies and select the best ones? Well, below is a guide to help you choose the best TMS company and relieve yourself of depression and pain.
Characteristics Of Great TMS Companies
- They Know If You Are Eligible For TMS
Companies who are certified to provide TMS therapy also know if you are eligible for it or not. Usually, those with non-removable metals in their heads are not allowed to undergo TMS. The exception of which include those who have dental fillings or braces. If you have a non-removable metal implant in your head and you undergo TMS, it may lead to the object moving, heating up, or malfunctioning. This can cause serious injuries and even death.
Metal implants such as the following prevent a patient from undergoing TMS:
- Brain or neck stents
- Aneurysm coils or clips
- Stimulators for the brain
- Electrodes that act as brain activity monitors
- Metallic implants located in the eyes and ears
- Bullet fragments and shrapnels located in or near the head
- Those with tattoos that are metallic or magnetic-sensitive. These type of tattoos should be located on the head or face.
- Other metal objects or devices implanted in the head or near it
- They Know When To Use TMS Therapy For Patients
Great TMS companies know that Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation is used only when the first line of treatment does not cause significant improvement in the patient. Sometimes, TMS is used to supplement prescription medications. Those who cannot tolerate side effects of prescription drugs are also given TMS as an alternative.
- They Are Trained To Administer TMS To Patients
Before the TMS procedure, patients are required to remove objects sensitive to magnetic forces. These include jewellery and credit cards. They also provide patients with earplugs to protect their hearing sense.
TMS companies are able to make pre-therapy measurements to ensure the coil is placed properly near the head. The patient’s motor threshold is also measured before the full administration of the therapy. It is constantly for every treatment reassessed to make sure the therapy is in line with the needs of the patient.
- TMS Is Administered By TMS Physicians With Credentials
TMS should always be prescribed by a physician with the necessary credentials. The measurement of the motor threshold is done by the physician himself. Trained TMS technicians are supervised by the physicians to make sure proper rules and guidelines are followed and executed.
TMS physicians should always be present during the execution of treatment. Patients are also allowed to stop treatments. They can immediately state any experience of discomfort or pain that can be reasons for stopping the TMS treatment.
If you are looking for the best TMS company, it is always recommended to do your due diligence. You can also opt for TMS Palm Beaches, a certified company located in Florida.
Accomplished Physician with numerous certifications and years of experience in Substance Abuse Treatment and Internal Medicine. Strong understanding of the importance of the implementation of Medical Protocols in the effective treatment of Substance Use Disorder. Known as an early adopter who thinks “outside the box”, and is always actively involved in finding new innovative therapeutic and diagnostic modalities, utilizing the latest cutting edge technology, to help find a solution to the current addictions epidemic that is rampant throughout the nation.
- Board Certified Internal Medicine Physician Licensed in FL.
- SAMHSA certification for Suboxone (Waivered for 200 patients) – 2015
- Buprenorphine Training Activity v4.0
- Neurostar University Certified TMS Treater Certification
- ECFMG Certification – 2003